Trails and Economic Development Youth Intern
MUNICIPALITY OF HIGHLANDS EAST
The Municipality of Highlands East in conjunction with funding from the Haliburton County Development Corporation is seeking an individual to work as a Trails and Economic Development Intern.
Job Purpose Summary
As part of developing the Trails and Economic Development initiatives within Highlands East the Intern will be responsible for gathering information, creating databases and creating a permanent sustainable information management process through the guidance of Committee Chairs and the CAO.
They will work closely with municipal staff, local businesses and county and provincial agencies, and collect information on business activities, tourist attractions in the Municipality. From the information collected, the successful candidate will develop and implement strategies for marketing and promoting the
Hours of work: 35 hours/week – 30 WEEK CONTRACT POSITION
Days of work: Monday – Fridays
Rate of pay: $15.00 per hour
Deadline for application – May 15, 2012 @ 3:00 P.M.
Key Job Functions
• Develop and maintain several directories or databases
• Install and monitor trail signage, trail counters and geocaches
• Publish and distribute brochures, maps, updates and information through several different medias
• Liase with community volunteers
• Assist in land title research and route mapping
• Update current status of trail system project
• Create a sustainable information management process
• Transition municipal publications to new slogan
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO